Monday, May 3, 2010

2 month check up

On Friday Slayde had his two month check up. (Even though he will be 3 months on the 9th) Here are his stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 5 oz (50th percentile)
Length 23.5 inches (65th percentile)
Head: don't remember, but it was 65th percentile
Slayde had to get three shots which made him cranky ALL weekend long! Also we mentioned to the doctor that we have been exclusively pumping and giving it to him in a bottle because it was so painful to nurse. She looked under his tongue and decided that that little thing that connects your tongue to the bottom of your mouth was too tight. She said she could clip it right there in the office. I was really hesitant but she said it could cause speech problems when he gets bigger. I had to go to the car but Rusty stayed while they performed the procedure. They held him down, lifted his tongue, and cut it with some little scissors. They didn't even numb it! Blood ran down his mouth but she said he would feel better real quick. Last night i looked under his tongue for the first time and it looked like he had a big ulcer under his tongue. I am sure that has added to his crabbiness. Besides the tongue problem he is doing great and thriving!

2 comments:

Daniel and Sena said...

I can't believe I haven't looked at your blog till now! Slayde is just precious! I can't wait to meet him in person. Glad to see ya'll are doing well!

Kyla said...

Hey! I am so glad that you left me a comment because it reminded me to go check your blog! I had not seen pictures of Slayde yet. He is so precious! Both of your kids are so cute. - I just started sleeping again in April because I MADE Micah start sleeping through the night. :) So...finally having a little more time to read peoples blogs again!

I am so excited that y'all are coming to Galveston! Don't be worried about snakes. They really aren't common here...I was just the lucky one I guess. :) Let me know what the dates are that you'll be here. You and the kids can hang out with us at our house or wherever as much as you want! We'll have so much fun and Ava will be so excited. We're 2 minutes from the beach so if you're up to it we can go and take turns being the one to sit with the babies and keep them out of the sun while the other chases A and S. :) Ok, comment getting WAY too long... Call me or email...