Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy 90th Monroe!


An I-Pad can entertain for hours...

I LOVE this picture! Slayde is named after my granddad. Slayde Elijah and Elijah Monroe (my dad is Ronald Elijah). My grandmother told me that it was my grandfather's grandfather's name (that makes it Slaydes great great great grandfather's name) which goes back almost 150 years!

My granddad in the middle with all of his grandkids, and great grandkids. We joked with him and said..."look at what you started!"

These are all of my first cousins. Its been a long time since we have all gotten together!

My dad, uncle, and grandparents.

Slayde showing off his chompers!

My grandparents! Aren't they the cutest couple...
This past weekend was my grandfather's 90th birthday. I can't imagine living that long. He is in incredible health and gets around as good as I do! We had a party in Idalou at their church and about 100 people attended. We even had family from the Houston area drive down just for his birthday. Most of my family had never seen Slayde so they all ate him up!

No comments: