Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sewing up a storm


Sagen put on Casen's fireman suit. She had the whole thing on backwards. It was pretty funny!

All of the kids at Keatyn's birthday.


Sagen showing off her halloween dress. Don't know why she was doing the #1 but she was determined to do it.
Well this weekend was pretty busy for us! Saturday we had my niece's 2nd birthday party. Its hard to believe that she is two years old. We had it at my sister's house and were laughing at all 5 little kids running around like crazy. We really got tickled when we thought about next year adding another one to the brew! After the party we went to Lubbock and met my parents and had supper. I have been wanting to make Sagen some "pillowcase" dresses like I have been seeing online. Originally they are made out of old antique pillowcases but now people are using new stylish fabric. Me and mom decided we would make Sagen a Halloween one and if that turned out good we would make her some more.

On Sunday after church we all went to moms so we could work on Sagen's dress. I wanted to learn how to sew and mom was willing to teach me how. I did everything on the dress except the ruffle on the bottom and the bias tape around the arm holes. I thought the dress turned out adorable and when it gets cold we will put a black shirt under it. Here are a few pictures. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Kerri & Jason said...

Super cute dress, Britni! So happy for you guys with this pregnancy! We are all doing well here. Colin got engaged today. LOL! I guess it will be a long engagement! Victoria is now 10 weeks, and she is precious. Though she was quite unexpected, we are so blessed to add her to our family :-). Get on facebook to see pictures!! I don't know how to add them here, yet. Plus, with 4 kids and working part time, I'm lucky to blog the bit that I do! Again, congratulations! Love you to all! Kerri